NOTICE TO ATHLETES
Cash prizes/awards are for Adult OPEN Weight only. Those competing in the Masters Open Weight Division may change their division to Adult Open Weight to compete for the prize. Athletes in the Masters Division may still compete in their regular Master Division at their appropriate weight category and belt AND Adult OPEN WEIGHT; however, athletes cannot compete in both Masters AND Adult Open WEIGHT, they must select one or the other Open Weight Divisions.
Sincerely, MO Rep
ANNOUNCEMENT: THE MARIANAS OPEN IS OFFICIALLY RANKED WITH THE ASJJF (4 STAR)
Jiu-jitsu practitioners from around the world get ready to compete in paradise at the 2023 Marianas Open Jiu-jitsu Championship on Guam! Following the Marianas Pro Japan trials, top teams and athletes won a trip to compete in paradise for a chance to win the cash grand prize! This annual event is the last stop to claim the final victory from the trials, and be the Marianas Open Champion! The tournament is the mecca to show if you are truly a champion in this region and hold the title and bragging rights!
This is your chance to showcase your skills and compete against some of the best jiu-jitsu practitioners from around the world. Competition is fierce as defending team champions hold the trophy and will once again compete to retain that prestigious title! Will your team be the one to dethrone the winning defending champions " Team Atos Guam"? WE SHALL SEE!
In addition to the high-level competition, we're offering a huge cash prize for all absolute belt levels, making this the ultimate opportunity to win big while showing off your jiu-jitsu skills. Thousands of dollars will be distributed amongst BJJ practitioners who have the wil and the drive to put it all on the line and become the next MARIANAS OPEN CHAMPION!
Our Island of Guam is unique as it is known for prestine untouched beaches, a landscape like no other, with beautiful people who welcome everyone around the world!
Whether you're a seasoned competitor or just starting out, the Mariana's Open is the perfect opportunity to take your jiu-jitsu skills to the next level, meet new friends from around the world, and enjoy the beauty of paradise.
Don't miss out – register now for Mariana's Open and be a part of this unforgettable event. We can't wait to see you in Guam!
VENUE: University of Guam Calvo Fieldhouse - 303 University Dr, Mangilao, 96913, Guam
- Registration deadline: September 6, 2023, EXTENDED TO SUN SEPT. 10, 2023 (MIDNIGHT)
- Athlete correction deadline: September 12, 2023 (6:00 P.M.)
- Organizer´s correction day: September 13, 2023
- Schedule release date: September 14, 2023
- Brackets release date: September 14, 2023
- Day to request cancel registration and refund : September 11, 2023 **We will only refund those athletes with no opponents in their division
- REGISTRATION FEES: SEE REGISTRATION FEE SCHEDULE FOR KIDS & ADULTS
IMPORTANT: WE WILL BE WEIGHING - IN ALL ATHLETES IN KILOGRAMS. PLEASE ENSURE YOU WEIGH YOURSELF/YOUR CHILD IN KILOS AND REGISTER THEM IN THEIR APPROPRIATE WEIGHT CATEGORY.
WEIGH-IN WILL OCCUR AT THE TIME OF THE EVENT. IF YOU MISS WEIGHT YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED FOR THE EVENT AND YOUR POSITION WILL BE FORFEITED.
- Kids (Age 3-14 years old) - $10 *Kids under 3 years old are free
- Adults - $15
Fighters Ranking points (4 Star):
- Gold - 21 points
- Silver - 9 points
- Bronze - 3 points
- Alone Brackets - 0 points
Teams Ranking points (4 Star):
- Gold - 21 points
- Silver - 9 points
- Bronze - 3 points
- Alone Brackets - 0 points
- One Brackets, all same teams, 0 points
***Final Check Date (Important):
- September 11, 2023 is the last day to check the registration. All athletes and instructors must check the fighters list.
- Those without oponents in your division must access your account for change of division.
- The brackets will be generated following the list of registered fighters and the awards will be given only for those registered and on the brackets, so the check is obligatory for everyone.
**Final Date for checking and correction:
- September 12, 2023, 6: 00 P.M. is the last day to check your registration. All athletes, coaches, and instructors are required to check the fighters list for any possible changes needed.
- If you have no opponent in your division; please access you account and make changes division by yourself.
- If case you have trouble to make changes, contact us for a change of division or you will automatically receive a medal.
- No refunds will be made if you failed to contact us.
- Fighters’ list is official and it will be used to generate the brackets. Please be sure to check your details in the fighters’ list before the final deadline. *Further, awards will only be given to those who are listed in the brackets so please check
*Help to Change your registration: Email your changes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the following:
- Fighter’s name
- Tournament Name
- Necessary Corrections
- Make sure the subject on the email is “Corrections”
- **Refund Policy: *The registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. *Exemption: Athletes who are alone in their bracket are eligible to receive a full refund of the registration fee if they contact email@example.com and request to withdraw their name from the competition prior to the end of the appointed event Refund Deadline.
***Conduct at the winnner´s podium:
- We ask your understanding and cooperation in following these standard in the upcoming tournament: All competitors must be in proper uniform (full Gi for Gi competitions or rash guard and shorts for NO-GI competitions).
- Banners are not permitted at the podium
- Athletes who place in 1st, 2nd and 3rd in their division will receive a medal at the event. All the medals should be picked up at the event's podium.
- If you are experiencing any flu like symptoms or have a high temperature, please remain at home and contact your health provider. This is extremely important for everyone involved.
- If you are currently sick or have been exposed to someone that has tested positive for COVID- 19, please stay at home and contact your health provider.
***Rules and Requirements for joining the event:
- Any athlete who has proven to be a black belt in judo,has fought MMA professionally, has an amateur MMA record or has proven experience in wrestling, Olympic wrestling or greco-Roman wrestling, can not participate in any league as a white belt. Proven experience in the U.S. consists of having competed at the collegiate level or highter and in other countries,having competed in nationwide events.
- Kids Orange belt, Kids Green belt, can not participate in Juvenille or Adult as a white belt.
- Matches may start 30 minutes in advance. Athletes should be in the warm up area at least 40 minutes prior to the time assigned for his or her division on the schedule.
- It is mandatory to have an official government photo ID at all times.
- The official weight measurements of this event is in KILOGRAMS.
- All athletes must be affiliated with a black belt. Your head black belt can be in a different location/country, what’s important is you and the team that you are representing is properly recognized by the head instructor.
- We reserve the right to check your affiliation. Failure to provide any means to contact your head instructor will not be accepted into the event.
- All athletes must bring a valid ID on the event day. We reserve the right to randomly check IDs for verification purposes.
- Any false information provided during registration such as, but not limited to, DOB, may lead to immediate disqualification. Such actions are subject to suspension or even banishment from future Marianas Open events.
- If you are alone in your bracket you can access you account and make changes division, until day before registration check day and request a change on your registration.
- Marianas Open does not guarantee that the division you want to be moved to will have another competitor at the day of the event. Marianas Open reserves the right to close registration when we reach full capacity, or on the day of the appointed event registration deadline, whichever comes first.
- It is the responsibility of the athlete to be knowledgeable of the rules and guidelines pertaining to the sport (as outlined in the Marianas Open Rules Book).
- We strongly suggest that athlete registration is finalized before making any travel arrangements.
- Before each fight, athletes will be asked to show their valid form of photo identification(ID) to the officials. Make sure you have it on hand.
BY ENTERING AND REGISTERING FOR THIS TOURNAMENT YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
WAIVER OF PARTICIPATION
I HEREBY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR ALL DAMAGES, INJURIES, AND LOSSES THAT I MAY SUSTAIN OR INCUR WHILE PARTICIPATING IN OR WATCHING THE 2023 MARIANAS PRO JIU-JITSU CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT.
I realize that serious injury is commonplace in martial arts tournaments such as the one I am hereby entering and that death is a possibility. I also realize that if I am injured, I might be disfigured, disabled and/or rendered unable to work again. By entering into this competition I agree to and fully accept and assume liability for any and all injuries that I may incur. I expressly waive any and all claims that I or anyone acting on my behalf or through me might have against Fury Promotions, the Marianas Open, Copa de Marianas, event promoters, operators, sponsors, officials, participants, non-participants, or volunteers for any injury regardless of its nature, effect or affect on me as a result of my participation and/or presence at the tournament.
I authorize, and agree to hold harmless, any medical personnel that may be present at the event to take any action necessary, should I become injured.
I understand that tickets will be sold to spectators to watch the tournament; that news media and others might cover the tournament and that it may also be recorded or otherwise shown to audiences around the world. I hereby expressly and irrevocably forever consent to have my likeness shown, publicized, commented and/or reported on; and I do not expect to, and in fact waive any compensation I might otherwise be entitled to as a result thereof.
I represent that I am in good health; that I am not presently, nor will I participate while under the influence of any drug or medication; that no one affiliated with this tournament has encouraged me to enter or made any representations regarding my fitness or ability to participate; that I have read and understood every provision of this release; and that I am legally competent to and freely enter into this waiver, release and assumption of risk agreement.
Organizer: FURY PROMOTIONS, LLC/MARIANAS OPEN/MARIANAS PRO (hereinafter 'Organizer') expressly reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, with or without cause, to change, modify or otherwise edit information contained upon the registration form, including but not limited to: the competitor's academy name and affiliation and/or the competitor's name and/or nickname.
Changes to a competitor's registration (including but not limited to: academy affiliation) will be permitted up to 11:59 PM ON SEPTEMBER 8, 2023. There will be no changes permitted after that time.
The head coach of an academy's competition team shall be granted the right to change a competitor's registration information. I further understand that I am responsible for checking and must check my registration information for weight, belt, academy, age division, and name information by 11:59 PM ON SEPTEMBER 8, 2023. I understand that if I don't verify my information and send a notification for the correction by the specific time, no changes will be permitted after that time and any mistakes in the brackets, whether or not caused by me, may lead to my immediate disqualification.
Organizer hereby expressly reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, with or without cause to deny a potential competitor's registration for permission to compete in the event. The terms athlete and/or competitor may be used interchangeably.
If any dispute arises out of, or is any way related to your participation in this event, by entering your registration application, you are hereby expressly waiving and giving up your right to the filing of a lawsuit in the city, state/country or federal court and a trial by jury. The word "dispute" as used above refers to anything, including claims for injury (which you have already waived) that may have occurred or you claim did not occur at the event.
COMPETITORS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE
FURTHERMORE, IF THE COMPETITOR IS A MINOR I, HEREBY CERTIFY THAT I AM THE PARENT AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF THE ABOVE NAMED MINOR WHO HAS BEEN GIVEN MY EXPRESS PERMISSION TO COMPETE IN THE EVENT FOR WHICH WE ARE REGISTERING. AND, THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD EVERY PROVISION OF THE RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND THAT I AM LEGALLY COMPETENT TO AND FREELY ENTER INTO THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUME ALL RISK ON BEHALF OF THE MINOR (COMPETITOR) NAMED HEREIN AND ANY AND ALL SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS OR ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTING UPON THE MINOR'S BEHALF.